We are planning to continue the work of the Belhelvie Community Council during the current crisis. We will be moving our monthly meetings online and working together using phone, email and online meetings. We continue to be in contact with Aberdeenshire Council and our Councillors.
The Hub provides help and advice for Grampian. Information available includes:
- How to make a request for assistance and how to register to offer one
- Information about schools and nurseries
- How coronavirus is spread and how to avoid catching or spreading germs
- Guidance and support available for businesses
- Financial support and assistance
- View latest news from UK and Scottish governments
Links to Aberdeenshire Council, Aberdeen Council, British Red Cross, HM Coastguard, Moray Council, NHS Grampian, Police Scotland, SCottish Fire and Rescue Service and SSE
Visit the Grampian Coronavirus (COVID-19) Assistance Hub website
We’re aware that many of you want to help vulnerable members of our community who are self-isolating at the moment.
Several groups and activities are forming locally, a few are listed here. Apologies to any we’ve missed, to be added to the list please get in touch: email the Belhelvie Community Council or contact us on our Facebook page
Please check on your neighbours by phone or from a safe distance to see if they need anything and keep an eye out for members of our community who may not be online at this time.
We will be updating Facebook and our website with news about local services such as Doctors, Schools and other Council facilities as soon as we hear about any changes due to the crisis. (See our news page for more information).
We recommend you keep up with the latest advice from the UK and Scottish governments through their websites and the news.
Aberdeenshire Council have recommended the following sources of information:
Advice and volunteering in Scotland
The Ready Scotland site has information about:
- Helping your neighbours, friends and family
- How to volunteer
- Where to find additional support
- Advice for community groups
- Shopping responsibly
- Advice for businesses
Find out more on the Ready Scotland website.
There is specific advice for volunteering on:
- Returning Health & Social Care workers
- British Red Cross supporting our public services including the NHS and local authorities
- Volunteer Scotland to supporting other charities and groups in your community
Find out more on the Ready Scotland website - volunteering information
Page last updated: 31 March 2020